Introducing SHAPE America’s Back to School Website
Putting all children on the path to health and physical literacy through effective health and physical education programs is the center piece of a bold new Back to School website by SHAPE America – Society of Health and Physical Educators. The website, which focuses on 50 Million Strong by 2029, will help health and physical education teachers to understand the recently established goals and measurements for the 50 Million Strong initiative, as well as resources and inspiration to help start the new school year, including:
• Teacher-friendly resources in the all-new Download Library;
• Activity ideas, tools and templates in the always-popular Teacher’s Toolbox;
• Affordable, standards-based professional development from the new SHAPE America Online Institute;
• Focused Steps to Success for 50 Million Strong;
• An inspirational video from high school student Cody Retuta, chronicling his journey to health and physical literacy.
“SHAPE America believes that health and physical literacy can be a life-changer for all children,” says SHAPE America President Fran Cleland of West Chester University. “It’s a simple but powerful belief that drives everything we do. We know teachers can have a significant impact on their students’ lives, and we’re proud to offer the resources they need to succeed.”
To learn more, go to http://50million.shapeamerica.org.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.